View Single Post
      10-12-2023, 02:30 PM   #32
wamochi
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X7 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJacksonIII View Post
Well, this just happened to me. Just got my new iPhone 15, charged it up and drove off to work the next day. Threw it in the charging compartment, but not to charge it. I always throw it screen side down so that it won't charge, but because I didn't have a case on my phone, I must have gotten confused and put it in there back side down, and it then started to charge. Was litening to a podcast and boom, Carplay shuts down. Take the phone out and it's 1,000 degrees. Almost too hot to hold. When it cooled off enough, it restarted but acted all goofy. Went into a data recovery mode. Now it seems almost back to normal, but won't connect via carplay anymore and my apple wallet has errors too. So I guess it fried the nfc chip or whatever. BMW's charging pad sucks, but this is clearly an Apple iPhone 15 issue, as no other phones have done this. Unbelievable that Apple didn't see this coming. I wonder how many phones they'll be replacing because of this issue. I'm headed to the Apple store shortly.
now i am really glad my wireless charger was a deleted feature. really seems unsafe too.