JonOhh
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06' 330i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown65 View Post
Any updates? Found this thread last night. I have a 2018 m4 dct that I’ve been trying to drag race with and a 8hp swap would really help
Most of the notable progress came to a halt when we had to start dealing with the TCU. There's little to no documentation that's worthwhile, lots of calculation going on in the background, not exposed in the XDF, and the control system is built in such a way that optimizing for one set of conditions obliterates it's behavior in others.

The Lamik isn't bad, but it is absolutely NOT the openly tunable TCU that it appears to be at first glance - it is also not "like OEM" as the fanboys claim, in any sense. Attempts to get more information from them so we can understand and tune it effectively has resulted in us being accused of being a competitor, by them and a few of the more... obnoxious vendors. I even wrote a page of their only source of documentation (the TCU manual) but I had to experimentally test everything I listed since they wouldn't tell us - so of course they wouldn't tell us anything else if they won't even help us help them.

Ironically, them trying to avoid this reality, by not giving us "secret information" (which is actually in no way something worth protecting and is typically as simple as "what does time value T2 represent"), has infuriated us to the point that we are now working on our own TCUs. By trying to avoid this reality, they've created it. I guess that's how it goes.

Quite a shame, but we're still working on coming up with something to make the swap worthwhile.

Last edited by JonOhh; 12-01-2023 at 01:29 PM..
Appreciate 1
Torgus3781.50