View Single Post
      01-11-2024, 05:04 AM   #83
Patgilm
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: GT-R, X7 M50i, M340

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjabend View Post
Just curious if you identified those flaws or if your dealer did before you picked it up. Those problems don't sound like something that could be missed at the factory or at some point on the way to the dealer but correct me if I am wrong.
The dealer identified the door scrape when we did a walk around and I needed a car since I just sold my M340 so I agreed to let them touch it up. They said it looked like someone took the door off and dragged it across the ground. Also when I ended up washing the car and cleaning the door jambs months later I noticed that under the door there were multiple dents underneath as if someone took a hammer to it.

The interior door panel I noticed on my drive home and I called to see if I could return the car and they told me it was too late even though I only drove it 30 miles. It took a month to get a new door panel installed and another two months to get the carbon fiber trim and window seal replaced. Not good for a brand new car to drive three months with a broken/unfinished door panel. The tech said they installed a broken door panel and should never have installed it.

I love my car, I’ve put 40k miles on it in two years and would buy another one if I had to replace this one. The powertrain is incredible and makes driving a ICE car seem outdated but the number of issues I’ve had have been frustrating. I’ve had a door panel replaced, door hinge replaced, new yoke for peeling, side camera replaced, trunk latch replaced, a/c compressor and super manifold replaced and two door handles adjusted with one not working where at one point I had to climb in through the passenger side to get in the drivers seat.

Also forgot the latest issue that I went to the service center for was the passenger side restraint system fault in which they replaced some harness. Another not uncommon issue.

Last edited by Patgilm; 01-11-2024 at 05:10 AM..
Appreciate 1