View Single Post
      01-12-2024, 07:25 PM   #91
Saejin
Captain
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patgilm View Post
To be honest when I got my car I thought I had one of the better ones even with the two issues that I had upon purchase compared to what I saw on the forums at that time. It has gotten better since then but then I see someone get a new car with wood trim on one door and carbon fiber everywhere else and I shake my head again.

My wife did mention how big of a POS it is and how the range they tout is BS but we both like driving it and the power is awesome. I usually lease cars but because the lease rates were so bad I ended up buying the car and have thought about selling it and buying a new one in hopes of getting a better one but Tesla dropped prices $40k on the Plaid this year so my cars value tanked and I if I were to sell I would have to pay $30k to pay off my loan since my car is underwater. I wish I would have leased now…

Tesla dropped the price and now you’re $30K underwater on the Tesla!

That’s insane…I mean the fact Tesla drops prices like that so frequently. Did they compensate you or provide any thing to make up for it.

I mean, what a hit on resale values if your $120K Plaid can now be bought for $90K new or something like that.

That alone would make me stay away from the brand regardless of how fun it is to drive albeit I would think that’s more of straight line acceleration…but again, I don’t own a Tesla, probably never will, so only going off what I’ve read and friends experiences.

Read here or somewhere else, can’t remember…MY best selling car…whatever…can only get that because they’re discounting them so much I guess.
Appreciate 1
rjabend377.50