View Single Post
      01-13-2024, 08:32 AM   #55
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finito84 View Post
The incentive/discount part can be quite complex, so this is my understanding but I would appreciate feedback/corrections:

You negotiate the MSRP discount and then, you see what incentives are available. However, if it takes a while, then the incentives might change (ie: ordering a build and taking several months).

From the BMW US website, there seem to be five programs:
- group corporate fleet (more than 15 vehicles)
- corporate sales (bmw partner - not sure how easy is to join if you are a small business)
- military salute
- college graduate
- bmw mobility program

Also, outside those programs, there are other incentives (or it used to be these discounts - reduction in price)
- cash incentive
- lease incentive
- financing incentive (currently it seems only a relatively attractive interest rate)

Then, you have other discounts that they call credits
- loyalty credit

And then, you can get other discounts such as BMW CCA, Ultimate drive event (I do not see events in 2024) and I am pretty sure I am missing many other discounts.

How you combine or not combine these is the most confusing part. At the end my brain is fried on 1) what potential discounts I can get and 2) if I can combine or not.

When I got my 2021 BMW X5, I was able to get 1) loyalty, 2) finance and 3) ultimate drive event but right now, it seems that there is only loyalty if I finance the X7 (finance seems to be just an over 5% rate and no ultimate drive events). Should I join BMW CCA and wait for the six months?
For clarity, or maybe muddying the waters, when you do the credit app you not only get a no-harm lock on the APR/MF but also on the incentives. The exception to that is the military incentive which is not lockable. With that no-harm lock you get to choose the month's rate and incentives that you want to use from the time you run the app to delivery. I think the lock is now 90 days in all regions but you will want to check with your dealer on that.

As far as stackability goes, this matrix while a few years old should still apply.
Attached Images