View Single Post
      01-13-2024, 12:38 PM   #96
BMW5and7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: X7;X5;S-Class;Navigator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patgilm View Post
Uh I wish I paid $120k, I paid $130k and the sad thing is I bought it before it went to $135k so at least it wasn’t the worst case scenario. The reduction in price was $40k but I think I’m only $30k underwater from what my loan is.

As far as compensate me, LOL no why would they? Only automaker I saw do that was the Viper when they dropped the price around 2014 and they gave the original owners a $20k coupon for another Dodge. If they did that I would take advantage and get another Plaid.
I agree.. why would they ever compensate anyone. Price drops are good for EVERYONE, and are a good thing that shows they care about customers and have no interest to overcharge them. It works well for future owners, and for current owners too because now they can upgrade to a newer one for cheaper!. It's only bad for those leaving the brand, and for those people there is no reason for Tesla to care about them and give them money to invest in another brand. If it was going to cost you 40K to trade to a brand new Model S, it would still cost you the same now and in fact even less (your car worth less, but the new one equally dropped). In fact, in such conditions, the trade is even better because used cars did NOT drop 30K. A 1-year plaid used to sell for 80K before the drop when a new one was 130K (I negotiated last year on a 2022 S plaid, 8K miles, 80K before prices dropped but didn't buy it). Now a 1-year old low mileage Plaid sells for 70s , when a new one sells for 90K (less than average trade-in cost difference/Delta before prices dropped. This is how I look at it. People like to look at things as if it's bad, but in reality, this was a good move for everyone, really. Lower prices is ALWAYS good for the consumer.
Appreciate 0