View Single Post
      01-13-2024, 12:48 PM   #99
Patgilm
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: GT-R, X7 M50i, M340

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW5and7 View Post
Well, I don't mean to be sneaky, but you should have known better. I disagree, u should have known that 135K is over-prices right when other brands where charging over MSRP too. If you looked at that time at the 10 years history for Model S prices, you would have known that 2021-2022 prices were 10s of thousands higher than the previous 10 years (at least the regular S could have been used as a baseline). Also, Tesla has always been clear, they will always push prices up and down based on market situation. For loyal consumers, it makes no difference prices goes up, your car goes up too. Prices go down, you car goes down too. But in all cases I would have never paid the 130K price in 2021-2022. Several people knew it was a supply demand mismatch pricing issue at that time at least based on the last 10 years historical prices (which are well documented).
Sorry, many people that first bought has no idea that level of price drop. Plus it was an all new refresh with many upgrades and a 9 second car with three motors which hadn’t been done before. I’ve been on that forum for a while, sorry, no one expected that but I guess everyone that bought them were too dumb to know that. Now that I know I wouldn’t buy anything new from Tesla like that again like the Cynertruck, I would just wait a couple years.
Appreciate 0