View Single Post
      01-23-2024, 01:44 PM   #2281
Beamer87
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 535d, 2024 BMW X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by reu2 View Post
I went to the dealer today and started the process.

The current offer has an MSRP of $118,410 and an adjusted price of $109,060 (also a veteran, thank you for your service BTW). Which is 7.8% off, but they added a protection package of $2499. Making the real adjusted price $111,559, only 5.79%. They did adjust up the trade allowance $2K to make up the difference, making the realized discount 7.5%

I'm not happy about the Protection package, I walked so I could rationalize it. However, with the adjusted trade difference, the deal seems pretty good.

Am I overthinking it? Or should I be able to get that $2499 package also fully discounted?

Initially they offered 6500 with the military and I was like nah I have this offer here which threw them way off. I focused only on getting money off and Out the door price for my vehicle. My dealership tried to offer things but I just told them after showing them a competing offer that was better than their I was walking and they told me to wait for a moment and make sure their offer was still going to be good should my offer fall apart and they came back and matched. Since I got $8257 off I took it and place the order. I think I could have gotten maybe another $500-$1000 off at the competing dealership but it's over a hour from where I was and didn't REALLY want to drive there. and to answer your question...I would not take packages over money off. You pay for that in the end where they still make a boat ton if you take their terms.
Appreciate 0