View Single Post
      02-08-2024, 07:44 PM   #43
JJacksonIII
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X7 M60i

People mentioning the cost difference between the two had me do some investigating, and I was surprised at what I found out.
First off, I just built a 2024 M60 to the exact same specs my 2023 is and the new cost is $6,545 more than the '23. For that you get the upgraded driver assisted package. The surprising thing is that I swear in 2023 when I built a 40i to similar specs as the M60 it was about $10K less, but now the difference appears to be more like $14K. In both cases I'd say the costs are getting a little too high, but I was surprised that the cost increased more on the 40i, percentage-wise.

Now for my humble opinion, the 40i is clearly an incredible vehicle, but I am glad I chose the M60. Too much power? Really? It handles incredibly well and the wheels don't ever let loose, so how is it too much power? It's the best of both worlds in my opinion. Takes off and passes like a sports car, has all the room of a large SUV. Super quiet and luxurious interior. Super smooth ride. You can drive it slow if you want to, but can merge with ease when cars are doing 85 on the expressway. I don't see any downside other than cost. But if you're going to pay six figures for the 40 what's another $14K?
Appreciate 0