View Single Post
      02-16-2024, 07:53 PM   #23
BimmerMan33
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3, 2014 BMW X5

It’s been a while.., I wonder what the OP decided..
It’s understandable to get frustrated when things break on the E9x M3.. and you feel like moving on to a more reliable platform.
Been there, done that! I’m currently on my 3rd E9x M3!!
I bought my 2nd M3 after trading in a 335is because the engine didn’t feel special like the S65 V8 & the N54 had rev hang as well as turbo lag (manual transmission upshifts and full throttle, there is turbo lag). Enjoyed the M3 for 47,000 miles but then it needed the usual stuff & gasket leaks one after the other, on a whim test drove a 2020 BRZ tS during lock down, was blown away by the light weight & agile handling, bought it for 4K off MSRP, made the M3 feel too heavy on the street as well as track, M3 would just sit for weeks, so sold it.
Drove the BRZ tS for 15,000 miles and realized that while the chassis & handling was great, the engine simply was uninspiring (almost boring) and with all that road noise, started missing the M3 again!!
Rented a F80 M3 for 4 days, while fun when driving aggressively, did not feel special like the e92 M3 on most times, it was more like a modified version of N54 powered 335i..
Just bought my 3rd e92 M3 MT 2 months ago, after owning a 2016 Cayman MT, 2017 Giulia Quadrifoglio & 2020 Camaro MT SS 1LE, drove each of them for 10-12,000 miles including 5 to 7 track days.
In my opinion the E9x M3 does most things well & feels special even though some of the above cars do some things much better than the M3!
I’m aware my M3 will be needing the usual stuff over time but can’t think of a better all rounder with NA V8 MT that sounds so good!
To the OP, I’d say keep the M3 and if possible get a low cost used reliable car to have a different experience!

Sorry for the long post..
Appreciate 0