View Single Post
      02-23-2024, 08:06 AM   #14
ApexG5
Father Brown
Rep
Drives: 2019 Bmw X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartSaves View Post
The dealer is saying the brake-pedal shudder/pulsation issue is caused by pad deposit on the brake rotors. Apparently this is a common reported issue. Given the COVID situation it is plausible because I am not actually driving as much and the vehicle is sitting in the garage for days at a time. Their assessment is that it should go away as I drive more.

However, I am quoting an interesting paragraph from the article below:

"… pedal feel can be tuned by engineers using driving simulators to give a more aggressive response on track and a more relaxed response in traffic. Another advantage is that pedal travel doesn't increase when the brakes take a beating and get hot. What the driver actually feels is a simulator built in to the MKC1 that generates the sensation normally fed back through the hydraulics, only it remains consistent however hard the brakes are working."

https://thebrakereport.com/continent...wire-benefits/

Because the brake feel is simply a simulation built into the MK C1 system, in theory, the vibration caused by warp rotors should not be felt on the brake pedal, perhaps only should be felt by other vehicle vibrations, for example body/steering/dash is shaking. Hopefully someone with more knowledge on this brake-by-wire system will educate us.
I have been having the same issue and just got it resolved. Have them look at your control arm bushing. My front left failed and it caused a vibration that felt like a warped rotor even at the lightest touch. It just sucked because I couldn't find a bushing by itself. The control arm was a little under 400.

Last edited by ApexG5; 02-23-2024 at 03:18 PM..
Appreciate 1