United_States
Rep
Drives: E53 X5, E83 X3, E93 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E93  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlexGT85 View Post
Hi everyone!

So call it a mid-life crisis or a renewed interest in listening to certain music louder... I recently decided I want to try to add a little bit of extra bass to my car that's equipped with individual audio. But I don't want to go all out and buy a full sound system upgrade and I also want to maintain the stock individual sound functionality intact. Does anyone have any experience installing one of these powered subwoofer combos from Pioneer, Fosgate, JL, etc.? I feel like one of these would be perfect for what I want but I'm not really sure what I need to do to get it running properly or if its a simple plug and play solution, which would be great. Any other suggestions along these lines that anyone can offer are appreciated as well. But I'm definitely not trying to spend much more than 300.00. Below is a link to an example of what I'm looking to buy. Thanks guys/gals!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...DXBFCE1I&psc=1

Yeah...easy. I've done it on several of my Bimmers. I think the individual audio is great in these cars. But having a little more kick on the sub-100hz range is greatly appreciated for an audiophile.

You need to be good with wire diagrams and understand what you are doing with a bit of finesse.

In my experience, I would recommend a ported sub over a sealed for a sub located in the trunk and no direct line of sight. The amp needs to have hi-line/hi-level in. The one you posted looks to have that--I just recommend a ported box setup.

R135
└┼┼┼
Appreciate 0