View Single Post
      03-08-2024, 09:09 AM   #31
PeteSD
Rep
Drives: '24 X7 Xdrive40i

GMC is my go-to!

I have owned Ford (150 & 250) but never Ram. My Fords were junk and one w/the 5.0 V8 threw a rod in the first year. Only got half of what I paid for it after a year of ownership. Dealer refused to let me trade it in. The even said, "We don't want it!".

GMC has always been trouble free for me. Owned three 1500's and three 2500HD's and never an issue except a blown DEF line the day I brought one of the HD's home. I would only buy a Duramax after having the gas trucks and resale is much better. DEF is only an inconvenience if you forget to keep some in your garage.

Towed the new X7 home this week and it was like it wasn't even there. It is possible to get an HD to ride as well as a 1500 w/the right suspension products and set-up. Currently running Elka shocks w/high & low speed compression adjustments. Cranked up the rear shocks one click and forgot trailer was even there!

I stay away from Chevrolet because GMC only sells trucks and it seems to simplify the experience. Rather not be waiting in a service drive on some guy who's complaining the MPG in his Bolt is not matching the window sticker. At GMC, all you get are truck people and it's never a mad house at my store.

I think a lot of ownership experience is really based on the quality of your local dealership. If you have a good relationship with Ford or Ram, go for it! However, the Chrysler dealers near me are a bunch of snakes, so Ram isn't even an option. Ram's high model interiors are a bit over the top for me and kind of defeat the utilitarian aspect of a truck.. but they sure are purdy!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0