View Single Post
      03-30-2024, 05:46 AM   #5
djtalal
Rep
Drives: 07 bmw 335i sedan

you mentioned following the others i will say that protools vin coding does not cover all 3 areas needed for the cic when it gets the greyed out navigation. It seems like recently there has simply been a lock out of what's available online, standard tools is gone,i can't get the mikes tools which was suppose to update all the sp-datum and initial files etc to do that part and is the reason maybe that i'm having so many issues. learned a little about profiles in ncsexpert using tool32 i was able to do the ai schreiben 9 part coding for 2 of the 3 parts of the cic, i couldn't get the cic-hd to update and would get error messages, i also could not get any of them to update when i saved everything copy pasted from a text document, i had to type in manually all the info for it to read 50/50 and write correctly 1 out 10 times. i tried updating the maps in the glovebox and it "took it" asked for a fsc key, i entered what i got and i'm pretty sure its 1 digit short? got a decline every time, i got the 1b file so, i know the usb works. then i noticed my combox even though its c1a had an available update, tried the UPD01006.bin with a 2gb thumb drive that lights up as well and it recognized it, but gave another message and didn't update. that and when i plugged my iphone into into it i could get music and album art to show on the display i know also that the usb connection is working as well. so.. i heard using winkfp and then also hearing the person in my boat that did that bricked the stereo now i'm just disappointed without navigation and not wanting to deal with it anymore.
Appreciate 1
BRG_N54314.50