04-01-2024, 05:13 PM   #45
Chilled
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: F85 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrVirz View Post
I did get a compression tester that screws into plug thread, reading about 165 across all 8, so a bit low but definitely enough compression for the motor to run.

If the flex plate is damaged like previously discussed, will the crank angle sensor tell DME to cut fuel to affected cyls?

In a nutshell, there are no ISTA errors/codes now. The car idles rough (seems to be missing), particularly at approx 900rpm. Higher in the rev range it isn't as bad.
Does seem low, but if you were off time, you would prob get 0 compression. So that kinda a +. No idea on the flex plate, ours cranked but did not even try to start.

What timing kit did you use? A good one or a cheap fleabay knock off?

It probably needs to run for longer to get more codes, but thats kinda not a good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrVirz View Post
I ran the car and unplugged then plugged back in each individual coil (all 8). On the contrary to what I said yesterday, there is a slight difference when unplugging coil 2 and 4 (and every other coil), only slight however.
You did pull the injector plugs at the same time, yeah? Otherwise you should prob change that oil, put a couple of drops into the cylinders.
Appreciate 0