View Single Post
      04-15-2024, 10:34 PM   #68
Sat Pat
Private
Rep
Drives: 2025 X7 40i

I haven’t logged in here in a few days, but I picked up my X7 last week as well. So far I’m loving the new car. The ride is smooth and acceleration is effortless. This is the most luxurious car I’ve owned by a wide margin!

That being said, I’m not a fan of digging into iDrive menus for everything, although I hope things will get easier as I get more familiar with the interface and get it set up the way I want. Also I haven’t found the perfect seating position yet despite the million ways in which the seat can be adjusted. And I can now see what all the complaints about anemic A/C are all about. The physical vent design as well as the algorithm in Auto mode are major fails from BMW and embarrassing in a $100k+ car.

Oh, and I think I’m hearing a faint rumble from the wheels area at highway speeds. Going to go for a couple more highway drives to confirm before bringing it up to my sales advisor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAce View Post
I did get my 2025 X7 xDrive40i late last week. It was built in early April and sat in Quality Check over about two days. So far, it has been a great car. I'm still trying to figure out a few things: 1) how to best use the keys to automatically open the rear door, but not keep opening and closing when I walk by the car (all my other cars have the comfort access on all four doors), 2) how to get the Drive Recorder to work, 3) best configuration for all the 50 driving options. Every time I drive the car, I notice more options to configure.
1. You can enable the car to unlock all doors when approaching, but disable lock when walking away.

2. I had to watch several iDrive videos on YT to figure this out as Drive Recorder, Data Privacy, and many other ”apps” were simply missing initially in my case. Even automatic date/time adjustment was disabled. Long-pressing the Parking Assistant button launches the Drive Recorder, after which you can set it up. Once it is configured, long-pressing the Parking button will also start manual recording.

3. I’ve been watching a lot of videos from Chris’s Bimmers, Beamerview, BMWBlog, etc. to learn all the iDrive 8.5 tips and tricks.
Appreciate 0