04-17-2024, 11:56 AM   #54
Staszek
Schumacher
Rep
Drives: E30 325is,E93 M3,X7M50,F06 M6

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Bimmer View Post
The "RAD_ON" signal is on pin 13, Connector A42*1B, which is the 40-pin, black connector shown in the figure label "2", below.

And if this pin is not populated, you can get a socket crimp it on to a 20 gauge wire and run it up to your B&O center speaker. If unpopulated, you will need to use BimmerCode or ESYS to code the "RAD_ON" to function. It might already be active and populated if you have active sound.

You can use any power source that runs off the Terminal 30B power rail, such as Fuse F119 in the Glovebox Fusebox, or the cigarette light, which too runs off the Terminal 30B power rail.
Thanks this is helpful so in terms of wiring to make sure I have it correct.

Pin 1: GND on chassis ground comb location Z10.13B (Brown Wire) Can use any ground, probably use the lighter ground
Pin 2: LED (+) from B&O Amp Pin 2 (Purple/Yellow) I can connect to any positive LED probably going to use the lighter LED
Pin 3: Motor (+) from B&O Amp Pin 16 (Yellow/Red) This is the Rad ON PIN 13 correct?
Pin 4: +12VDC from JBE Connector Z7.2B Pin 4 (Red/Brown) I can use terminal 30 off the fuse panel or connect to the power at the lighter as well for this one