04-28-2024, 04:06 AM   #1
Bubbaspaarx
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330d M Sport 2012

BMW missold me? What are my rights?

Hey everyone,

I bought a car from BMW just under a year ago and it was sold as an AUC with a warranty despite it being a 2015 model with 100k. All has been fine since ownership even though it’s been back to my local dealer (i didn’t buy the car here) for several warranty repairs.

FF to last friday. I had taken the car in as there was an EML and they also asked what else is wrong with the car so they can check it all out. They call me middle of the day and explain that the turbo needs replacing, but there’s an aftermarket oil filter on the car. This should be fine as that’s not the issue but they were quering why an AUC that should have full BMW service history has an aftermarket filter. Turns out the idrive history and the BMW server don’t correlate. The last service before I bought the car has a service centre code of 00000… which I think means it’s not a legit BMW centre and hence they can’t do the work under AUC because the warranty would be void.

They are contacting the dealer I bought the car from but they hadn’t got an answer back so have picked my car up and now sitting in limbo.

The back story of the car was that it was returned to the dealer because the owner fell into arrears on payments. My suspicion is that they got someone to chuck a record into the idrive so it looked like it had been serviced. Now, what do I do if that service does indeed turn out to be fake or they have no proof it ever happened. Feel like I’ve potentially bought a lemon from them.

Local dealer have said that either way it won’t come out of my pocket as the dealer I bought it from would be liable for the repair but that aside, should I be trying to return the car and get my money back? I paid in cash for the car if that has any affect.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0