View Single Post
      05-02-2024, 07:26 PM   #13109
fe7565
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i N26

Some notes for anyone who may later run into the same issues:

I had an NBT emulator. Depending if you installed the emulator before the MMI, or between the MMI and the HU....it could block CAN messages. My MMI was not able to detect the reverse cam CAN message when installed it on the KCAN2 car bus between the MMI and NBT HU. MMI => Emulator => NBT HU. I had to use the manual sensing wire connected to the backup light. So should connect like this: Emulator => MMI => NBT HU (tap emulator into MMI harness) When I removed the NBT emulator (not needing it) after using full set of after-market FSC codes....the MMI was able to receive that CAN message.

Another issue. If your CID in MMI-mode goes intermittently black (not the "No Signal", just a blank CID) while driving, one of your LVDS cables may have a break in it. It connects and disconnects seemingly randomly, but mostly when the car is in motion as the wire inside is cracked.

Last edited by fe7565; 05-02-2024 at 07:31 PM..
Appreciate 0