View Single Post
      05-06-2024, 07:31 AM   #79
turbojg
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 G82 M4 Comp. X-Drive

Using the canDo module...

Anyone have an idea on how to separate the button activation types (touch, press, long press)

If I set up an association using "Touch" most times when I do a "Press" to utilize the factory button function it executes the "Touch" and the "Press". Same thing with the "Long Press". (standard "Press" and "Long Press") Because you are actually touching the button before pressing it in the first case and pressing then holding it in the second case.

For example if the instrument display is in Sport Mode and the right display is displaying MEDIA and I create a "Long Press" of the TEL button to change the instrument display back to Road Mode. The instrument display changes to Road Mode (as it should) but the right display goes into the TEL screen. Even If I do a "Back" button association next in the sequence it doesn't return to the MEDIA display.

Additionally, If I use the normal button press for the TEL button it will change the instrument display and then take me into the right hand TEL screen.

I tried adding delays before and after associations with no success.

I didn't try it yet but what happens to the normal button press function if I create a "PRESS" association for a button. Which one takes precedence?

Last edited by turbojg; 05-06-2024 at 08:25 AM..
Appreciate 0