View Single Post
      06-19-2006, 03:30 PM   #13
thekewl1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRC
My car actually has close to 11K now but I noticed around 10K my car started to perform better. The car used to have a slight hesitation when pulling thru 1st gear (MT), not a big deal, but now, it just pulls smooth, and the car pulls stronger thru the gears now. The exhaust note also has changed, it's more louder now, especially in the upper end of the rev range or when I plant my foot on the gas. I feel the engine is now fully broken in. Given my driving style, it has taken me this long. I'm sure for some, this has come alot sooner. Man, I didn't think it could get better, but it did!

Danny

how hard do you run your car? do u pull all your gears? i do feel that slight hesitation in first, but it doesnt really bother me. i use to have a 99 civic si and the engine also loosened up after about 10K miles. it was almost like it wanted to be run hard. for my civic, i ran it hard every day and pulled all my gears every chance i had. i think this "style" of driving helped loosen up the engine. so i'm just wondering if i should drive my 330i that way?

Appreciate 0