View Single Post
      02-17-2009, 07:00 PM   #24
J Tyler
My ride: bimmergirl84
United_States
Rep
Drives: For free.

[quote=mugennosora;4506626]1. pro-car usually has ABS, it won't lock up.
2. going that fast i don't think they would gear brake for any reason, it's asking to drift...heel toe doesn't gear brake, you rev to match the gear.
3. again back to 2. engine brake, gear brake how ever you call it.
4. if not 1,2,3 then can't be 4.

1) No they don't, what car are you talking about? GrandAm cars? No. ALMS cars? No. Any Formula car? No. And besides that, even if a car has ABS, it doesn't react until AFTER the tire has locked.

2) No idea what you're talking about, I said you DON'T want to use the engine/clutch to slow the car down.

Quote:
it's purely to keep power by the time we are getting out of the corner, and doing it in a fairly fast and efficiently.
No it's not. You can "keep power" without heel-toeing. You WILL upset the balance of the car and/or lock the rear wheels and/or burn up the clutch and/or bang a valve, if you don't heel-toe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugennosora View Post
oh let me add, incase someone comes in and said "it's to increase cornering angle!!!"

that's called left foot braking. heel toe doesn't increase your corning angle. it just allow you to keep power while slowing down in one step. it does the same thing if you just purely rev down shift and slow down while entering the corner.
What are you talking about? "cornering angle"?
Appreciate 0