12-01-2009, 07:10 PM   #77
nordique14
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: SGM 135i 'vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryn View Post
Question for you. I totally gave up on UUC, after many prototype bars sent to me, after the original 1er bar ripped out my brake lines and ABS sensors on the highway. It's sitting in a junk pile at the moment.

Rob did send me a "final reworked" front sway, and no matter how I adjusted it, I got MAJOR banging. I even replaced UUC's crappy adjustable end links with Velocity's, and it would continually bang against the steering linkage. Do you have those issues?

Btw, with R comps on, I would lift frequently too.
I received the v2 UUC front bar. There are only 2 holes instead of three. I installed it myself using your how-to as a guide (thanks!).

I have not had any issues. Brake lines have remained attached and no rubbing or clunking. The adjustable end links made some noise until my mechanic tightened the crap out of them when I brought the car in for the rear bar install. I thought I had tightened them enough but obviously I was wrong. Not a peep out them since. Everything has been fine both front and rear. I run stock wheels with RE-01 on the street and I run 17x8.5 ET40 with 235/40/17 R888 at the autox.

With the front bar only I was running near the bottom of the top 10 in my class. About half way through the season is when I added the rear bar. After that I was in the top 5 every time and even picked up a win in my class at one event. Made a big difference for me with the stock suspension.
Appreciate 0