06-03-2010, 06:40 PM   #4
jopa489
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Anything with Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbera335 View Post
You have to realize, that mag is written by heritage enthusiasts. People who bore your head off talking about the good old days and how BMW has lost it's way etc. X5 M is sacrilege, OMG!! no dip sticks and Runflat tires!! Ignore their ignorance and enjoy your E90, my 06 330i has 67k miles on it and has been as reliable as any other car I've owned and is easy enough to maintain. It certainly is not a throwaway car and I would be comfortable keeping it outside of warranty.
100% this. BMW does things all the time that annoy the purist side of me, but this is the future. Some are too tied to the early days (a la E30 and prior) when a BMW was truly a drivers car before anything else. The market has changed, and BMW has to adapt. There aren't enough enthusiasts in the world to keep the company alive.

That said, I still believe BMW offers the most driver-oriented mainstream cars available today. An SUV that can pull more G's around a skidpad than the current M3? Engineering marvel. Run flats? The future. A 6000lb 7 Series that does 0-60 in well under 5 seconds and feels more like a 3 in the twisties? Genius. As awesome as the BMW enthusiast community is, there's a good amount of criticism (which is good, really, since BMW is far from perfection). But sometimes you just need to take a step back and admire zee work of zee German engineers making these cars.

X7 LCI // Incoming
C7 ZR1 ZTK // Sebring + TRX // Hydro + Raptor Gen1 Roush // Tuxedo
Appreciate 0