06-16-2010, 04:08 PM   #10
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND40oz View Post
Because it's not required by law to be in the vehicle at all times like it is in mainland Europe?
And in Germany and most of Europe you also need a reflective warning vest for every person in the car! I had always thought this was optional - but last year when the local Polizei pulled me over they asked to see my first aid kit(and the exp date!) and my warning vest!! I was kind of shocked about the vest request, since I did not think that was German law yet. But it must be now.

Also... when you drive thruought europe... some countries have crazy laws!!!

Cars with the non EU tags(the blue stripe on the left hand side of the tag) ie: the old white tag with black numbers need to also have an OVAL with the country the car is registered.

You also need to carry a spare light bulb set when you leave Germany.

When you go into Spain and Portugal, you need TWO warning triangles. You also need TWO spare light bulb kits! I think it is a huge fine if you don't have them. 500 euros!?

Italy requires DRL (day time running lights) to be switched on when on back roads. ie off the Autostrada.

I am sure there are more weird laws. But those are the ones I know about! And ohh... don't forget to bring your double green (ins) cards with you!!! That is a BIG time fine if you can not prove you have car insurance! lol

- David -
Appreciate 0