06-17-2010, 04:17 PM   #16
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylon View Post
Wow, this is a "mod" that people actually do?

Where are you getting this information from?

...Some of it is from word of mouth from other service members. Some from German friends. Some from personal experience. I also read ADAC's monthly mag sometimes.

I know what the German Polizei asked me when he stopped me! I was kind of shocked he was asking to see my warning vest. But I had one. He seemed a bit pissed that I had one. He then wanted to look at the date of my first aid kit. I think bc lots of Americans switch them from car to car, pcs to pcs.

I know a vest is not required for your car to pass the yearly inspection... but I think you do need one. Better safe than sorry I think. When the cops fine you over here... it is CASH or CC on the spot!

What was not correct - that I wrote in my last post>?

Btw... as most of us military sales or ppl who took euro delivery - the cars come with the warning triangle installed from BMW.

Btw-II... people have always told me that the Polizei when they drive at night(and you can't see the lights on the autobahn) or when they drive unmarked cars.... that the Polizei drive like crazed people. Like they try to race you cut across lanes, don't signal ect... I never believed that... until I was pulled over last year! That cop drove like a nut behind me! Tailgating me and trying to race me! He would never pass me though! Once he stopped me... he was somewhat confused by my German cover plates and kept asking me IF I was an MP or CID! lol I kept telling him NO! We all get these tags now. It was a young cop. lol

Last edited by Dackelone; 06-17-2010 at 06:15 PM..
Appreciate 0