Rep
Drives: '04 330i ZHP

Garage List
2004 BMW 330i ZHP  [9.50]
2011 135i  [7.46]
2008 328xi  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrean8j View Post
Hmmm....don't know how true that first statement is...I seem to recall some having so pretty serious issues with the Dinan tune when it first came out....and most of the PROcede issues have been install related (improper connections, computer not configured properly, etc, etc...). I definitely do agree with our final statement though that it is not necessarily the best tune. I guess the reason I am loathe go with a flash is if I need to reflash I have to be regionally or locally in an area where I can get reflash/updated...with a PNP you dont have to worry about that.
well that is my understanding and the only reason dinan had issues (and i hate dinan FWIW so I'm not defending they) was because they were the 1st flash and had pushed the car too far beyond the safe limits of what the engine could handle (so i hear).

I have a local tuning company i work closely with so i understand your concern but with stuff like accessPORT and MYgenius, you can load and unload your tunes in a matter of minutes just like switching maps on a proceed or JB.

besides you shouldn't have to reflash your car anyway, I had one on my 328xi for 2 yrs and never once needed a reflash.
Appreciate 0