MattBianco
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35d msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwest X6 View Post
Honestly....

When I lease a car for 3 years, I don't expect to have to replace the tires before the lease is up @ 36k miles and 36mos.

I have about 27k miles on my Pirelli Cinturato's and they were down to the wear-bar (4/32)

My wifes X5 is also a 3 year lease, she has 15k miles and about 5/32 left on her run flats...So we'll have to replace those too before lease end.

What the heck? Are we the only idiots replacing tires at the wear bar?

What happened to the days when tires lasted 30-40k or more?

Why arent I hearing more gnashing of teeth and wailing from other owners have to replace tires so soon??
Never had a high performance tire with a low profile (55 or less) that lasted more than 20-22k. Non staggered ones I have had last 15-18k in the rear in cars with a lot of torque, even if gingerly driven by my wife.

You've done well at 27k miles.

There are plenty of tires that will last long. You'd have to switch to smaller wheel sizes and go with 65-75 profile, if your brakes allow you to downsize your wheels, otherwise the 80s sedan look.