View Single Post
      06-27-2016, 04:52 PM   #79
F30_SixSpeed
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirthBrooks View Post
What happened that lead to your injury? Thats rough man.
The ortho and I are not really sure. I was squatting pretty heavy both times though.

First time I was hitting 455 for a triple. First rep shot up pretty easily, second rep exploding out the bottom (I squat ATG) I heard a loud pop and immediately lost all my strength and the bar just dropped. Good thing I set the safety bars. I knew right away I fucked something up bad but my body was shocked so I was trying to walk it off hoping it wasn't anything bad. After 10-15 mins it got worst and I was sweating and a little light headed but ok... I knew I had to call it quits and head home. Good thing my brother was there training with me because I had him drive home (I have a 6 MT, clutch work was a no no lol.) As soon as I got home 30 mins later I couldn't move out of my bed/chair. Luckily I work in the medical industry so I saw my ortho and got my imagining done next morning (X-ray then MRI) that confirmed the worst - complete tear of adductor in groin/hip area.

I opted for no surgery after several opinions and jumped back into squatting probably a bit too soon. Second time... Same thing happened and I knew right away.... This time it was a little bit lighter as I was still working up after my first tear but still was working with 4 plates on each side. Similar... 3 rep set - first rep shot up, second rep boom. Except this time I set the safety bars super low and the bar hit me so hard in the head on the drop (spotter had no chance to safe me) I almost had a concussion. Head had a nice bump and was bleeding a bit.

The disappointment I had in myself was unexplainable... I was so upset just because it's such a mental thing.... But at the end of the day it is what it is... I probably won't be squatting at all for another few months this time around, I did just start training very light legs again 2 weeks ago (mostly accessory curls and "weak" shit lol)

It's disappointing since I have such a passion for fitness/training/lifting and I went from squatting 2-3 times a weeks (for a few years) to not being able to really walk or train legs going on almost 8 months now. Who knows if I'll ever squat heavy again.

Last edited by F30_SixSpeed; 06-27-2016 at 04:58 PM..
Appreciate 0