View Single Post
      10-22-2018, 04:17 AM   #24
PerStockholm
Sweden
Rep
Drives: X7 M50d (X7 M60i on order)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Influence View Post
Highly unlikely you can easily retrofit the night vision. I'm sure it could be done with enough labor and the right parts (plus coding the ECU) but it will probably wind up costing you big bucks. If it is important to you, I would wait and just build one from the factory with it.

The Integral Active Steering is the 4-wheel steering option. I.e. the rear wheels steer in the opposite direction of the fronts at low speeds to decrease the turning radius of the vehicle. At higher speeds, the rear wheels turn in the same direction as the fronts to increase stability - at highway speeds the vehicle will feel more stable and seem to glide when doing lane changes. From a physics perspective, it is the equivalent of shortening or lengthening the wheelbase. From a snow/ice driving perspective, I don't see how it would offer any benefit.
Thanks for the reply re Night Vision and Integral Steering! I got Night Vision on my F15 and I appreciate the detection of animals/pedestrians that comes up in the Head-Up Display but I seldom watch the actual Night Vision screen as it takes away focus from the road. Tough choice to get delivery super early or wait a month! Regards, Per
Appreciate 0