View Single Post
      04-21-2020, 10:59 AM   #806
Mohsinkayub05
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmciver View Post
Well, the "anonymity" of the internet and email can sometimes make the negotiations a bit easier for those who don't like the face to face conflict negotiating in person can sometimes have. I would provide a very concise, itemized offer with the deal elements you want. And also include any math where appropriate. Something like this...

"Mr. Dealer, thank you for the offer. After reviewing your offer, below are the details of the deal that I want for the vehicle in question:

MSRP: $XX,XXXX

- 12% off MSRP: $XX,XXX.XX (before applying any discounts)
- APR Discount: $XXXX
- Loyalty Discount: $XXXX
- BMW FS financing w/2.99% APR for 60 months (or whatever the best rate is now, check online at BMW USA)
- 10% Off BMW Extended Warranty 6yr/100k mile: $XXXX included in financing (you will need to look up the retail prices for these plans on BMW USA)
- 10% off BMW Extended Service Plan X: $XXXX included in financing (you will need to look up the different plan and prices on BMW USA)
- Accessory XYZ: $XXXX (look up the best internet price for the accessory you want, typically 10-15% off retail price, if you want a dealer installed accessory, make sure to get the labor cost when the dealer counters your offer)

Total: $XX,XXX.XX (before taxes, tags & dealership fees)

Thanks for your time and I look forward to your response!

Mohsinkayub05" <- your real name goes there of course

And regarding the extended warranties and service plans, I am not a fan of them, but they do have their place. My recommendation regarding these items is to do some research so that you can make an informed decision if they are right for you and your situation.

WOW thanks for that, I will follow up with them later on today, I will let you know what he comes back with. I really do appreciate all your help.
Appreciate 0