05-11-2009, 08:08 AM   #10
BuLoOoSki
Colonel
Kuwait
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniz View Post
certainly not scientific but I just feel that Shiv is a less aggressive tuner and leaves more headroom in his tunes, only thing I ever see Terry worried about it is putting out more power.......power sells tunes so i'm not bashing him for that.

also based on my personal experience w the procede vs a bunch of friends w/ the JB3 who are always complaining about a car that is pulling timing and not smooth up top.

thats where my statement came from.

truth is, run the right map and play it conservative and you will stay more reliable i'm sure. We're all HP junkies (at least most) so its hard to have the self control.
I respect your opinion, but honestly i have to disagree. I've had the JB3 for a long time and never had an issue with smoothness nor pulling timing. In fact I've loved every single version that came out of the JB3, each was somehow an improvement over the other even when I thought each time that it was perfect. But like you said, if you're going to run an aggressive map that your car cant handle you have to expect those issues. And honestly, not saying this in defense of the JB3 but I've never seen a Procede at the track that i go to (New england Dragway) that doesnt keep limping or the driver keeps complaining about an issue or even some say they were just spinning when you can obviously tell its a made up excuse cus he had a nice launch but something just went wrong half way through, which tells me a lot about the tune itself and its safety parameters

But in all fairness I have to admit, the new V3 Rev II is a huge improvement (atleast from reviews and friends opinions), I've heard a lot of +ve things about it, unlike the older versions which most of the times you'd hear -ve things about it more than the +ve.

I think there are risks with either tune and if you run the correct map and drive like a normal human being by not beating the hell of your car 24/7 on high boost maps, you wont be complaining about limp modes or even reliability issues
2015 BMW F80 M3: Tractive EDC Suspension / Dinan Anti-Roll Bars / GC Camber Plates / KMP Dual Diff Mount / Girodisc Rotors / GT4 Brake Cooling Kit / PTF Flash Tune / Eisenmann Downpipes / CSF Heat Exchanger / BMS Charge Pipes
2007 BMW E92 335i (SOLD): BMS JB4 / Quaife LSD / Riss Racing DPs / Helix Intercooler / BMS Intake / STETT Charge Pipe / Forge DVs
Appreciate 0