01-08-2021, 03:10 PM   #109
TexasJester
Private
Rep
Drives: Alpina XB7

lets put this in perspective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoy2001 View Post
Ok couple things. First off I’m decidedly not a hater and believe it’s your money spend it how you like. That said xb7 is a very nice addition to the x7. Is it a little nicer than the m50i? Not to me personally no. Only thing I like about it is the bigger turbos making more power. Other than that it’s looks ok but I prefer the look of my m50i. Again nice car no doubt but if we’re really going to compare apples to apples vs an m50i and compare what you get for the extra 30k then no dude I’m sorry yours is not worth it. Not even a little and most normal people would agree. More that’s not to say you made a bad move no, it’s your money. Again if bang for the buck is considered its by No means worth it.

This is nothing new all high end halo type products get you less and less the more you spend. Not just cars but all high end products. Some people just want the best and price be dammed and that’s ok In my opinion.

Only issue I see here is really trying to justify to a bunch of more normal ish folks that it’s worth the extra money. That isn’t going to fly with most people unless you’re one of the few with money to burn and want the best at any cost. Which again is come by me but just don’t try to sell the idea as being worth it or a good value because it simply isn’t. No debate there bud.
lets really put this discussion in total perspective. the OP title is debating X7 M50i/XB7/GLS63. anyone putting their 2 cents in this thread, being someone that is considering one of these 3 vehicles or should at very least have put their ass in the seat of the 3 said vehicles to start with. next, we can drop the notion that anyone spending over 100k on a vehicle is not in search of the one that is most economical or in ANY way actually worth the price paid. this thread is comparing 3 of the coolest 3 row hot rod vehicles on the planet. like it or not, what exactly could anyone that hasnt driven all 3 possibly tell us? its my opinion anyone considering dropping this kind of money shouldnt settle. i traded my 2019 GLS63 in and put 30k miles on my M50i while waiting for the new GLS63 to get here. i knew my M50i extremely well and in one extremely short test drive of the XB7 i knew my M50i was being traded immediately. and the first GLS63 that hit Texas with my name on it was decided against immediately as well. anyone looking to get the most car for the least money should probably be discussing a Kia Telluride but thats not what this post is about. also, if your hung up on the exterior or interior not being different enough or it dont fit your taste i can tell you there aint enough difference in the visual either inside or outside that would make me trade my M50i. it has everything to do with how its suspension, power band, the trans tune and last but certainly not least i dont miss for a single second not having to turn off the BS start /stop crap! anyone that has not been in the drivers seat of a XB7 cant possibly understand. YES, there is that much difference.
Appreciate 0