Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 bmw 328i x-drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoosh View Post
The answer to how one can cope with being sad is very simple:

Strengthen your physical being; your body. Lift weights. Push yourself in what you can achieve, physically. Eat the optimal kinds of foods to build physical strength. Get the optimal amount of sleep, every single night.

Why?

When the body is strong, the mind thinks strong thoughts. A strong body will be the greatest, most effective antidepressant you will ever find. I promise.
This is so true. I used to be pretty athletic up until I hit about 40. Then I found it too easy to make excuses about being too busy to work out. Then I herniated a disc in my back from a motorcycle mishap. Blah, blah, blah. Excuses excuses. Well this December my wife talked me into joining her gym and going with her to spin classes, cardio / weight circuit training, even yoga. My mood is 100% improved. I feel fantastic and so much less in the dumps than I normally am in winter. Not sure if its the exercise or just standing in the back of the class looking out over a sea of tight asses in yoga pants, but whatever it is it's working!
It's the yoga pants ....and physical well-being helps that mental wellness
Appreciate 1
DETRoadster11481.50