View Single Post
      02-25-2020, 10:38 AM   #10
toddwalton
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 - 2024 G26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resjudicata View Post
So let me get this straight: you had a warranty that went until late 2019. You let it expire and didn't get service before the end. You had serviced almost 6 months after expiration and you're complaining about a oil problem.

It's possible the oil problem started Jan 1 2020. Unlikely but still it's not the fault of the dealership. They sold your a car and you were happy until it fell apart after the warranty period. Sales and service are 2 different departments and often have nothing to do with each other.

My advice, which I'm sure don't want to hear, is to sell your car that's falling apart and take the hit. It's like you held a bad poker hand or such. You gambled and lost. Time to roll with the punches and move on.

My advice going forward to avoid this problem is to Lease. You want a new car every 3 years with fully warranty and all coverage? Just lease.

Now for the x7. Buy it or find something else like a q5 or GLS or Cayennes or something. But if you want a big SUV, and like Bmw's in general; lease an x7 and take it to a different service dealership for services.

I'm sure there's ten dealerships near you that might be a bit further driving, but a different service center.
Harsh, but that’s the right interpretation and advice.
Appreciate 1