View Single Post
      02-25-2020, 02:04 PM   #15
like2short
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentino15 View Post
Yikes! Tough crowd. I agree that I technically took the risk by owning the car out side of warranty, it just feels a bit suspicious that the issue was just noticed as I have been consuming oil at a crazy pace with immediate visits to the dealership to follow. My belief is that they were not inspecting the car to any level of meaningful detail during service visits.

I also agree with the idea of leasing (we lease my wife's GLS 450), I was just hoping to buy a car I could rely on to own for the next 5-7 years without fear of major mechanical breakdown or sever devaluation (Both of which hit me this time!)

UPDATE: I spoke to the Sales Mgr and he is pissed! Not at me, just at the service folks for not bringing the situation to his attention. He said "Of course, we would have taken it on trade" No mention of how much, have to assume it would be an ugly figure based on the most recent diagnosis. he said he "Really hated to lose a good customer to the dealership and the brand." I said "I might be back one day, sh*& happens, this was just a rough sequence of events"

He did say he would do what he can to make it right, I just think I want to move on.
I see what's going on.

Service and Parts have their own P&L vs sales at dealerships.

Both are commission based compensation.

The service department used "scare tactics" to try to get you to pay of up for repairs. Most likely they listed all the possible or likely places for your engine to leak oil and threw in the possibility of the stems being bad too.

The sales guy got pissed because they might lose out on a sale.
Appreciate 1