02-09-2012, 02:19 PM   #74
Baseball7382
baseball7382
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 TiAg 335 x-drive

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
I’m no pro nutritionist or bodybuilder, but a lot of the facts that people spit out here are not true or just not the right advice. I try to read as many articles and magazines as possible to learn what works for me personally, as all people react differently to different nutritional techniques and formulas. I see what makes the most sense in theory and try it out to see how it works for me. I weigh around 175-180lb, bench 325lb, squat 475lb, and deadlift 425lb. I’m a former D1 athlete and am all natural and only use a pre-workout (razor 8), isolate protein, multi-vitamin, and BCAA’s and CLA’s. Enough of the background on myself and time for some helpful advice.

Try a carb cycling plan to cut weight while maintaining and trying to increase your lean muscle. Here’s an example of the one I currently use:
Day 1-2: Take in .5g of carbs per lb of bodyweight. 25g of carbs in sugar form should be used 1 hr. before and 1 hr. after workout. Carbs should be some type of fruit before and after workout and vegetables for the other 40g based on a 180lb person.
Day 3: Bump up your carbs to 2g per lb of bodyweight. 50 g of carbs in sugar form before and after your workout using some type of fruit in combo with some straight sugar (I use gummy bears). The rest should come from vegetables and whole grains such as whole wheat bread, pasta, rice, or nuts.
DAY 4-5: (Same as day 1-2) Take in .5g of carbs per lb of bodyweight. 25g of carbs in sugar form should be used 1 hr. before and 1 hr. after workout. Carbs should be some type of fruit before and after workout and vegetables for the other 40g based on a 180lb person.
Day 6: Blitz your carbs to 4g per lb of bodyweight. 50 g of carbs in sugar form before and after your workout using some type of fruit in combo with some straight sugar (I use gummy bears). Try to eat another 500g in the form of vegetables and whole grains. (sweet potatoes are great). You are also allowed to cheat on this day with things such as pancakes, syrup, and cake for desert.

Then start the cycle all over again. What this cycle does is help cut the fat by lowering the carbs on your cut days, but it also helps maintain and build lean muscle still by providing glycogen to your muscles on the bump and blitz days, which will help the muscles, recover and grow. I recommend doing any heavy lifting after a high carb day as you feel stronger and have more energy. Also, try to consume 25g of protein an hour before your workout and within 30 min post-workout.

Any questions and comment let me know.
2010 E92 TiAg 335 x-drive / Xenon's / Premium Package / Sport Package / M-Sport Package / OEM Spoiler / Hardwired V1 / Lux H8v3 / JB4 PnP /Injen Intake / AMS FMIC / Stett Chargepipe / Synchronic BOV / Custon Tuning / KW1 Coilovers / 12mm Spacers Square / Carbon Fiber wrapped side reflectors
Appreciate 0