06-04-2012, 12:07 AM   #3
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Single DRS for 2012 Canadian GP

Just single DRS (along the main straight) for this coming weekend's race.

Quote:
The double DRS zone used in last year’s Canadian Grand Prix will be replaced with a single DRS zone for this year’s race.

Ahead of this year’s race Lewis Hamilton said: “With KERS hybrid and DRS in the mix, it should be an exciting grand prix – although, interestingly, we’re reverting to a shorter, single DRS zone after the double zone last year.”

Last year’s DRS zones for the race were situated on the start/finish straight and the straight leading towards the final chicane.

They shared a single activation point at the exit of the hairpin. In the race some drivers were able to complete a pass in the first DRS zone, then pull further ahead of their pursuer in the second zone.

Twin DRS zones were used in the Australian Grand Prix this year, where one had been used the year before.

Hamilton expects McLaren to be competitive at next week’s race: “The Circuit Gilles Villeneuve is a fantastic track – it’s super-fast in places, which means it requires finesse and precision, but you can also end up racing wheel-to-wheel with people at 200mph too, which is an incredible sensation.

“However, you still want a car with decent low-speed traction – all those long drags are usually preceded by tight hairpins, so it’s important that you can get the power down efficiently if you’re to pull a good lap time together.”

He added: “On paper, I think our car will be well-suited to the combination: we showed in Spain that we’re very good in high-speed corners, but we were also quick in the final sector, which is slower and more technical.

“Of course, it’s still difficult to accurately predict the outcome, so I’ll be focusing on another clean weekend where I can score more consistent world championship points.”
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2012/06/0...an-grand-prix/