View Single Post
      08-10-2014, 04:38 PM   #31
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete_z89 View Post
The link that someone posted earlier in this thread on deadspin.com has a different audio "alignment with the video" than other videos I've seen. Here's one on Youtube:

I've also seen another on thirdworldsociety.com and it has the same audio as the one on the youtube link I just posted.

In the link I posted, you hear the rev precisely about 1 second PRIOR to the impact, making it appear that Tony was attempting to scare Kevin, and ended up unintentionally killing him.

My conclusion is that it was an unintentional impact, and yes the kid was dumb for getting out of his car, but it is definitely Tony's fault for killing him. No question. You rev your car to scare, and you unintentionally kill him. I believe that is what will come of the lawsuit.
Sorry still don't hear the rev before impact and this is the video I saw which has to me better audio:

And no one is going to convince me Tony is at fault at all for this unless there is something more than the video being circulated around. Rev or not, Tony did not deviate drastically off his driving line to hit Ward. Had Ward been standing near his car pointing at him and Tony hit him, yes, Tony would be 100% liable. The fact Ward thought it was ok not only to leave his vehicle but to purposely walk towards the driving line on a hot race track is 100% his fault. Freak things happen on a race track and all these drivers knows the risk. Heck, I know the risks when I get onto a race track and when I sign that waiver form.
Appreciate 0