View Single Post
      08-10-2014, 05:17 PM   #34
Gossypiboma
Major
Rep
Drives: 13' M3 6MT 18' M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
Sorry still don't hear the rev before impact and this is the video I saw which has to me better audio:

And no one is going to convince me Tony is at fault at all for this unless there is something more than the video being circulated around. Rev or not, Tony did not deviate drastically off his driving line to hit Ward. Had Ward been standing near his car pointing at him and Tony hit him, yes, Tony would be 100% liable. The fact Ward thought it was ok not only to leave his vehicle but to purposely walk towards the driving line on a hot race track is 100% his fault. Freak things happen on a race track and all these drivers knows the risk. Heck, I know the risks when I get onto a race track and when I sign that waiver form.
You don't hear it? Impossible not to. At 35s you hear the motor rev the car accelerate and get a little sideways right before he runs Ward over. Seems very clear to me what happened. You can also see how much slower the other cars are traveling considering the race was under a yellow flag. Tony attempted to scare Ward and unintentionally killed him.
Appreciate 0