Thread: Tony Stewart
View Single Post
      08-11-2014, 06:40 PM   #63
128Convertibleguy
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2010 128 Covertible

Unhappy

Personal opinion, obviously a minority at this point.

Obviously Stewart had no intent to hit Ward. But...

The cars were going under the yellow flag at maybe 40 MPH. I think Stewart saw Ward. I think he was under full control.

The crucial part to me is the throttle rev. If that was Stewart's car, and before the impact, I think...

He revved the engine to say "your fault" or maybe to throw dirt. Those who say doing that would make the car turn left are only partly right. If he spun the wheels, it could cause the rear to slide. While that turns the car left it could easily cause the rear to step right and hit Ward.

If that is what happened, Stewart is experienced enough to know that hitting the throttle could cause something bad to happen. No intent necessary, just reckless behavior. Fault may be shared, but it's not all on Ward. He didn't do anything that doesn't happen every Saturday night on many short tracks in America.

My prediction is a large out of court settlement to the Ward family. I have no clue whether criminal charges would be filed. And I suspect the 42 year old Stewart is going to find it hard to find a major sponsor, for either himself or his team. But lots of short tracks will still be happy to have him race.

Last edited by 128Convertibleguy; 08-11-2014 at 06:58 PM..
Appreciate 0