03-17-2015, 02:17 PM   #137
five_timer
no turbo, no auto, no iDrive, no kidding
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
I still find it utterly disappointing that Ferrari's pride,joy and first priority their F1 racing team can't build an engine with equal or superior power to Mercedes blingy Benz little side project. Sure Benz have a solid F1 history long way back but today it's mainly rolling couches for blue haired ladies and obese executives. Shameful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
All these years of miserable Acura and Honda cars with zero sporting abilities and ugly beaks seems to have taken it's toll. It's going to take a lot of courage and executive humility to see this through.
Both of you are claiming a relationship between passenger cars and F1 teams that doesn't exist. The AMG Mercedes F1 operation is basically identical to Scuderia Ferrari F1. The clientel for a Mercedes or Honda road car (as always) is immaterial. The people who design grills for Acuras aren't involved with Honda F1 engines.

Plus, Ferrari F1 has a long history of sucking. From what I can remember, the period between my earliest viewership of F1 (late '80's) to Schumacher's 2nd or 3rd year with the team (around '97 or '98) consisted of poorly performing Ferrari teams. So there's no law that Ferrari has to be a top team.

As for the state of F1, how is now any different than the Williams steamroller years, the McLaren years, Ferrari years, Renault years, or Red Bull years? In my mind, F1 today is so restrictive that there can't possibly be very many variants causing Mercedes to be dominant. Which means that other top teams can come up at any time. There's no magic - they're all subject to the same laws of power and aerodynamics.

Besides, Rosberg won't let Hamilton run ahead for long before he starts crashing into him again.
Appreciate 0