View Single Post
      04-20-2015, 01:35 PM   #26
davis449
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi SQ5

I wouldn't call myself a "fit head" by any means, but I was into sports all through my childhood and through H.S. (until my Sr. yr. when my career became a way more important focus for me). I was a competitive swimmer for ~10 years and roller\ice hockey were my highlights. I always hated the gym stigma, so I never went to them. Out of college I had the sort of active IT job where I never sat down and was constantly lugging 100's of lbs. of equipment around almost everyday to facilities that lacked elevators and stuff. I got used to doing that kind of work all the time and it kept me in shape. I've made gradual steps in improving certain health aspects of my life over the last two years. I quit smoking in Nov. 2013 (started vaping instead, haven't picked up a smoke since). After acquiring my most recent job where I am no longer active AT ALL during the day, I gave myself a 6 month reprieve to rest from all the B.S. I've had to do at my various jobs over the past 8 years before getting on an exercise regimen. With the help of a close friend who became a real "fit head" to lose weight (wow, was he successful), I decided to ask him for help. He got me on a simple circuit training routine a couple months ago and I love it so far. I have not lofty expectations from it. I just want to get and stay a bit more fit than I am. I haven't lost any weight, but what little fat I had to begin with is turning to muscle, so I am happy. The gym I go to is small and gets the job done. It's patrons (all ages), so far, are the type of people there to work out and not act like douchebags. I am ok with it, so far. However, when\if it turns into douche central, I will take my routine to my apt. gym where they have equally good equipment. Right now, I am out of the gym for 2 mos., at least, for a series of surgical procedures and IT'S KILLING ME.
Appreciate 0