View Single Post
      08-24-2015, 12:17 PM   #43
pgviper
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3m40

REACHING OUT FOR HELP!!!

Going to the gym has been my absolute favorite thing to do for the past ten years or so. Participated in a fit competition in college and then moved into power lifting and put up some descent max numbers:

Bench: 315 x 1
DL: 405 x 5
Squat: 335 x 8

Height: 5' 9"
Weight: 175 - 185

Within the past year and a half or so, life has been so chaotic that I just can't get myself into any sort of routine. Some weeks I get to the gym 2 times, sometimes, I have a good spurt of 5 times. Whatever it may be, it isn't consistent. My diet likewise is not consistent.

My question is:

What type of gym routine do you recommend for someone who is not able to make it to the gym consistently?

First solution I have tried:
having 3, 4 and 5 day routines with same goal and cycling through them depending on days I can make it to gym. First problem is that if I start a 4 or 5 day routine, chances are I don't make it through all the days. Likewise if I start a 3 day routine, I have no motivation in case I get a free day.

Second solution:
Focus on cardio. Cardio doesn't need any type of specific routine. You just have to do it. But then I feel like i'm getting smaller which I'm sure everyone here understands is not what you want to have happen.

Current solution:
Chest / Back - Heavy lifting (2 or 3 exercises each)
Legs / Abs - Focus on squat and then extensions and curls, again heavy lifting
Shoulders / Arms - (2 exercises each) Again focus on heavy movements
Crossfit Day - Do some crazy all body crossfit workout for stamina. Currently tried the following and thought I was going to die
run a mile
10 db squat press
10 pull ups
20 pushups
30 bodyweight squats
rest / repeat for as many sets as you can make it
run another mile

Current solution seems to be working ok. But in the next month, I am starting work that will last to the end of december which will keep me tied up from at least 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and since i've always been a middle of the day gym person. No idea what i'm going to do.

ANY ADVICE IS WELCOME! Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0