View Single Post
      09-27-2016, 11:03 PM   #10
griz31
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 330xi

Food - track it. If you don't know how many calories you're taking in you won't know what to cut out. Get a baseline - plenty of articles to determine a starting point for calories and work from there. Weigh yourself every morning and take the average weight per week (day to day fluctuations is too much). If you're not losing weight, drop calories. Do this slowly, don't just say damn I'm not losing weight and drop like 1500 calories. Once you get to a point where you simply can't drop any more calories add in more activity. I wouldn't recommend dropping the lifting over the cardio but to each their own.

Sure you can follow these fad diets and maybe have some success but it won't be sustainable. keto might work for you, but if your baseline is 3000 calories and you eat 5000 without any carbs, I'm sorry but no amount of science is gonna burn those extra calories. More vegtables will simply help with digestion, be a good micronutrient source, and fill you with minimal calories. Simply eating more vegtables will not help if everything else stays the same. For most people eating more vegtables means cutting something else out or filling you up so you dont eat other garbage - I would never discourage eating more vegtables as a helpful solution to manage the amount of calories you're eating.

Anyways this is all just my opinion, having spent years researching this and losing over 100lbs myself - you eventually just gotta try stuff out and see what works for you. Good luck

Edit: Adding my transformation. A lot of people say a lot of things on the internet that isnt always true - but this worked for me.

Last edited by griz31; 09-27-2016 at 11:25 PM.. Reason: Adding Images
Appreciate 5