View Single Post
      09-28-2016, 05:20 PM   #20
csu87
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by antych View Post
It doesn't. It might if you end up overeating, but you can do that on any diet, fasting or not.

That doesn't mean what you think it does. "skinny fat" is someone with small amount of subcutaneous fat (under skin, harmless), and large amount of visceral fat (around your organs, the one that kills you). Up to a certain point, visceral fat is not that visible, before it becomes a "beer belly", so you may look skinny, while suffering from metabolic syndrome at the same time. It has nothing to do with cutting.
skinny fat, as I used it and many in the fitness world use it, is someone who is "skinny" but doesnt have a high amount of muscle mass. This leads to a lower % of lean body mass, which in turns creates a higher % of body fat. They may be skinny, but they would lack definition and muscle mass. IE, they look good in clothes, but not without.

as far as cutting goes, in relation to what this thread is about, if this guy is wanting to get "Cut", or show more muscle definition, he will have to both lose fat and gain, or at the very least maintain, muscle. You cant do that just by dieting. You can get skinny by dieting, but not cut. Muscles are one of those "If you dont use it, you lose it" types of things that need to be regularly exercised.

OP, if you are truly wanting that "cut" or "ripped" look, dont sacrifice weight training for cardio. Add cardio to your routine and/or compensate through diet. Any cutting cycle you inevitable end up losing some muscle mass, but if done right, you can then build that back w/o the fat once you hit your target BF%.

There are tons of resources for cutting cycles throughout the web. Just keep trying different techniques until you find one that works. It took me a few years to find a good cutting cycle plan that worked for me, and I end up switching up my methods every couple years. Been going through bulking/cutting cycles for 10-15 years, and its a process to get it right.
Appreciate 0