Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatenEye View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
I have been at a loss at what to do to strengthen my hams. I can't seem to do curls with more than maybe 40lbs on a machine without getting WICKED cramps on about the 2nd set. It's freaking embarrassing to get stuck on a machine because you are screaming (inside) and can't straighten your leg.

I work on warming up, stretching different angles, and spend my time after almost all workouts in the Jacuzzi trying to stretch a little more.

It all started during AYSO soccer30+ years ago. I'd play midfield and run my ass off. Come home after game, and invariably one or both hams would cramp up. A double is a special kind of hell!

Supplements of potassium, more bananas and milk than I should consume, additional stretching.
I played D1 soccer in college and in my junior year we got this beast circuit. I still have stretch marks from the growth.

Edit; you start with the squats 20, 40 kneeling lunges (20 each side), then 40 jumping lunges (20 each side) (start in a lunge position with your knee 1 inch off the floor and jump and switch to the same position on the other knee, no rest between jumps), then 20 squat and jumps.

3 sets

I too had issues with torn HS and cramps but after this training I was on a different level of speed and power than i was ever.

Work your way up from no weight. Your legs will burn like a mofo and you will feel worked. I lifted no weights on my legs. It was this and track fitness and my legs got very powerful over 1 spring season. Unfortunately I had a non sports injury that wound up really ruining my college career.

Found this variation.
http://www.menshealth.com/fitness/le...ithout-weights
That sounds way more like quads than hams!