JFU
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrangster View Post
You need Wifi

I tried with Wifi off, as in the above photo (after having deleted the phone from the car, deleted the Bluetooth entry in my iPhone and deleted the Wifi access point on the iPhone as well)

It would hang on the last step of configuring, which is where the handoff to wifi must be expected. Tried this three times. After enabling Wifi, I could connect. But then the iPhone is dead-ended with no Internet access. Thee phone does not fall back to Cellular when connected to a no-access wifi access point. I've tried this more than a dozen times, and all apps including Apple's fail with no internet access available.

The Sirius XM app issue was a local app setting - the new app does not have a System setting option un Settings > Cellular. In the app itself, there was an application setting that said use wifi only. Once I turned that off, streaming worked from CarPlay via cellular. But not from the phone itself. Nothing from the phone works when connected to the BMW Direct Wifi point
I just went out and double-checked. My iPhone is connected to the DIRECT network, Wifi is enabled in the car, phone does not show logo of being on Wifi (so I think it knows that the CarPlay wifi is special), and I have full internet access to all internet traffic with all apps etc. What steps did you take to set up CarPlay?

Appreciate 0