FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miss Daisy

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sethwas View Post
That's sort of a very large spectrum of the market.
The CX-5 is a large SUV (its basially considered mid-size but there's no denying its not compact by any stretch). It's bigger than the X5 used to be. The CX3 however is a subcompact. There's no 'inbetween' like the CX4 that they get in china.

Normally I recommend the X1 (used or CPO) since it's really the right size/content. It has a massive interior too. Next would be the Nissan kicks as it also comes fully loaded for like $20k before taxes/fees.

Otherwise you can go up in size to a Honda Passport (shrunken Pilot) or down a size to a Subaru Crosstrek (which is just an impreza with a lift kit).

Hyundai's and Kia's are super pretty now.

It just depends on whether you are really buying this for size/specs or just for looks. At the end of the day they all hold 4 people and some stuff (being an SUV doesn't mean they do cargo well because the trunk space behind the seat and below the headrests is usually significantly smaller than a sedan of similar size).
Most people just buy the SUV on looks and price (sometimes brand loyalty), which isn't a bad thing since that's how most people car shop anyway.

Well - there really isn't anything in the sub $300 for a lease for SUV's of any size (I'm including taxes and assuming 0 down - even in the super cheap stuff). So you're better off buying used.

Seth
Can get a Cx-5 right around $300 per mo on a lease. We're definitely going CX-5. Just figuring out if she wants the extra HP of the upper trims or not. The Touring w/Preferred pkg is the best value, though. *I* would want the extra HP, but it's not for me & that trim is $100+ more per mo...

Buying used = same cost per month so may as well lease new.
Appreciate 0