View Single Post
      09-09-2019, 11:30 AM   #87
msk340i
Major
Rep
Drives: 340i M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexit4 View Post
It seems that what partially contributed to Vettel's unsafe return to the track was his inability to clearly see who's coming from the left. Apparently the driver's are very limited to how much they can move their head in either direction when strapped into the car with the HANS device. It's been suggested he should have waited for the team to tell him when to rejoin the track safely. My guess is he was trying to limit how many places he was going to lose and hastily rejoined the track.

EDIT: I'm not so sure Vettel will be sacked/fired by Ferrari for two reasons: money and a fitting replacement. If Ferrari decide to sack Vettel, they'd most likely have to pay a large sum to terminate his contract early. And even if they were willing to do that, they would then have to pay a large sum to cover the break in the contract of another top name driver (realistically, Hamilton, Verstappen or Riccardo which all have valid contracts for next year). There's nothing stopping Ferrari bringing on another upcoming talent but a team like Ferrari needs at least one driver with a lot of experience (historically, this has been the case). And if rumor's are to be believed, Leclerc is set to receive a significant pay raise from his current $3.5 million salary for next year. It looks like the only way Vettel wont be racing for Ferrari next year is if he decides to quit on his own.

What are you talking about? Are you just typing anything that comes to your mind just for the heck of it? Fire/sack???? Lol you made me laugh.
A few things: Italian media has always been harsh when a Ferrari driver under-performs but going through the Italian websites of some newspapers and tv channels I noticed a lot of support for Vettel. Videos from spectators changing Vettel's name after he spun were more than I thought they will be (videos from people I know personally and some other fans from the internet). Fans in front of the factory in Maranello hung flags and signs on the gates of the factory and everyone was celebrating Leclerc and Vettel.
I myself hated on Vettel yesterday but true Ferrari fans and Ferrari itself will never leave Vettel. Ferrari is a savage team but having an engineer as team principle will help Vettel keep his seat because Mattia understand Seb's driving style and understands that SF90 isn't a suitable car.
Appreciate 0